Vertical Axis Wind Turbines
Efficiently converts linear and turbulent wind flows from multiple directions and makes possible short tower & rooftop installation;
Marilyn Wind Turbine Advantages
- Large surface area:
- High power coefficient
- Produces at low and moderate wind speeds
- Solar film integration potential
- Bird Friendly
- Monoblock construction:
- Low production cost
- More reliable
- Easier to install/maintain
- Multi-rotor modular application:
- Scalable power for residential and light commercial / government
- Lowers cost per kW, starting with $2.4/W or $24,875/unit toward below $20k ceiling
NRR-Marilyn 10 kW VAWT Wind Turbine specs
- Inner rotor as Helix type, vertical axle, integrated/concentric omni-directional airfoil, with Savonius based in the center and Darrieus rotor like external one.
- Fibreglass/composite material construction – Marilyn made from 3 helix monoblock blade and Darrieus made from 3 “C” shape blades.
- Two stage rotor with large power coefficient, where movement begins at 2-3 m/s and over 17 m/s wind speed, provides an aerodynamic selfbrake limiting rotor revolutions to 150 rpm.
- Compact size 4 m diameter X 4.5 m height accommodating most of wind potential environment and scale up configuration.